Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Moving to New Mexico!

Springtime in Virginia shows the beauty of new beginnings

The East Coast has been good to me. Very good. It’s a place in this world I call home. The lush rolling hills of Appalachia serenade the landscape with a sweet lullaby of love. Springtime awakens with life as the flowers bring jubilation to the land. Summertime soothes the soul with lush greenery. Autumn prides itself with a quilt of colors. Winter hushes the land under a blanket of ice and snow, only to melt and start the cycle all over again.

In between these hills, I have the extraordinary gift of friends and family. We have shared moments of joy and happiness among the trials and tribulations. Together we have discovered life and love.

However, it is time for me to follow the spirit of Americana, pack up my motorcycle, and head West. to New Mexico. I’ll be trading the green forest for desert shrubbery and the blue hills for wide open spaces.  Certainty will become uncertainty as I dedicate a year of service in Americorp. My job will be to travel to rural communities to bridge the language and education divide to isolated deaf children by bringing American Sign Language to the children, their peers, and their family.

Do I have regrets? Yes. I wish I could have spent more time with each of you. The seven day work weeks with multiple jobs have taken their toll. Please understand my apologies. My goal this year? To focus more on the people in my life and learn from the lessons the East Coast has taught me.

This is last minute, I know.  I don’t even have two days! In so many ways, this does not make sense nor is it a reasonable decision. But, deep down in my heart I know I need to do this. I need to use my talents and passions to make a positive difference in this world. I also need to something new to get myself out of this rut I’ve been in. I need to learn. I need to grow. I need to get out of my comfort zone.

I will continue to update this blog with stories of life, love, and adventure. I am thankful for those who have been a part of my life thus far, and look forward to being a part of more out West!

My family taught me to never say good-bye. Only say so-long. Please keep in touch!!

Hugs to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment