Monday, August 4, 2014

DIY Borax-Free Laundry Detergent

Shi Shi Beach. Olympic Peninsula, Washington

Do your part in keeping our waters clean and healthy with eco-friendly laundry detergent! 

Borax-Free Laundry Detergent


Ingredients:


1 ½ cup baking soda
1 ½ cup washing soda
½ cup epsom salt
2 Tbsp salt
A few drops of essential oils for scent (my favorite combination is lavender and lemon)


Note: Many DIY laundry detergents contain borax. I prefer to remain borax-free for washing clothes for since Borax performs better in hot/warm water wash and I mostly wash with cold water (saves electricity and less harsh on my clothes)

Procedure:
Blend in food processor using mill blade to evenly distribute the mixture.


Note: My blender is not big enough so I half this recipe.


Usage:
Approximately 1 heaping Tbsp per load.
If you need extra cleaning powder for especially dirty clothes, add vinegar to your laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment