Monday, July 11, 2011

Hidden Rainbow

Rainbow by our balcony after a summer thundershower
Ever since the days of Noah and the Ark, rainbows have been a symbol of hope, promises, and dreams after the storm. We’ve all seen the uplifting glow after a torrential howling downpour. It is so fitting and easy to relate the storms outside to the storms in our own life. The rainbow brings a promise of sunny days ahead.

But what about those sunny warm days where a storm still rages in your soul? There is no rainbow. The sunny day has already arrived.

I was experiencing a dreary sunny day after receiving a series of rejection letters for several jobs. Slumping into the seat by the fountain, I deleted the depressing messages off my phone. I looked up from my seat by the misty water fountain and shaded my eyes, where a streak of color catches my eye.

A rainbow!
If you look closely, you'll see the rainbow in the fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment